Effective as of January 1st, 2020
This policy explains how and why we use these technologies and the choices you have. We use “cookies” and “similar technologies” interchangeably to refer to all of these technologies.
- What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, phone, or other device when you visit websites and are used to record information about your activity, including the pages you view, the content you listen to, ads you click on, your settings, and other actions you take on this website.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them, while session cookies are deleted once you close your web browser.
- Similar Technologies
We use other data collecting technologies with similar functionality as cookies, including pixels, local storage, and device identifiers. While the specific names and types of cookies we use may change from time to time as we improve and update this website, we have provided some basic definitions in order to help you better understand this policy.
- Pixels – A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and record user behavior. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
- Local Storage – Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage, including HTML5, to customize what we show you based on your content consumption and other past interactions with this website.
- Device Identifiers – We also use mobile device identifiers for the same purposes articulated in this policy, for example to recognize your device when you return to this website or otherwise use this website.
- Software Development Kits – We may use third parties including our service providers and business partners who use mobile SDKs to collect information to recognize your device when you return to this website. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with this website and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Operational – These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate this website as you have requested. For example, they let us authenticate your account and recognize what type of visitor you are, so we can provide you with this website accordingly.
- Functional/Preferences – These cookies let us operate certain functions of this website in line with the choices you make. These cookies enables us to remember you in-between visits. For example, when you continue to use or come back to this website, we will remember your settings. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of this website.
- Performance/Analytics – We use these cookies to monitor and assess how this website is performing and where it can be improved. For example, we use these cookies to test different versions of our website to learn which features or content users prefer. We also use these cookies to analyze how people access and use our website. For instance, we may obtain information about your device and how users engage with this website or from email newsletters, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information you find interesting.
- Personalization – These cookies use information about your use of this website, such as the pages you visit or your response to emails, so we can recommend content that are more relevant and interesting to you based on criteria like your profile and activity on this website. We may also use these cookies to improve reporting on campaign performance, determine how many times people who click on ads end up taking an action (such as requesting information).
- Third Party Cookies
To help us better understand how people engage with this website, we work with third party analytics partners, including Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser here. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- Your Choices and Controls
- Browser Settings
To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair this website or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
- Device Settings
On your mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings. To opt-out of location tracking when using our Apps, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
- Additional Controls
For more information about analytics cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, or http://youronlinechoices.eu.
- “Do Not Track Signals”
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we are not configured to respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take. For more information, visit https://allaboutdnt.com/
- Contact Us
Last update: January 1st, 2020